Two 10 day walking tours that can be walked separately or back to back (for a fantastic 3-week immersion in the rural Irish culture).
These tours have a strong culinary theme, exploring the foods and eating places of the Irish countryside. Accommodation is hand-picked by the NZ-based tour leader in authentic countryside inns, cottages or old fishing lodges. Each tour has a dedicated chef and you’ll enjoy home-cooked gourmet food along the way.
Walk the West – this first tour leaves from Cork city on Aug 29th 2012 and heads to the Beara peninsula, the Glen of Aherlow and the Burren.
- wander the wild Atlantic coastline
- visit the island of Dursey
- roam the beautiful country in Tipperary and Grange Circle (Ireland’s largest stone circle)
- walk parts of the Beara Way and the Burren
- visit a Connemara smokehouse, Clonakilty puddings, Gubeen Cheeses and enjoy Connemara lamb
- walk through Connemara with local guides, visiting places like Dog’s Bay, Ballinahinch Castle and the island of Inishbofin
- walk the Ceathru Tadhg loop on the North Mayo cliffs, visit Kylemore Abbey and the historic fishing village of Kallala
- more delicious Irish cuisine prepared by local cooks and enjoyed in fabulous rural settings.
Walk the West – dates for August, September 2013 to be confirmed – starts in Cork city and ends in Galway city – €2500
Connemara’s Calling – dates for August, September 2013 to be confirmed – starts and ends in Galway City – €2400
Trips include all accommodation, most meals, island ferries, local guides and hosts, flight to Inis Meain (Walk the West tour) and museum and garden entrance fees. They do not include transport to Ireland.
You will need to be of moderate fitness and able to do a full day of hill walking.
Call or email us for information on these tours. We can also help you with flights to Ireland, other tour and travel arrangements on your trip, and your travel insurance (essential on these tours).
Posted by Sue Farley – NZ Travel Brokers-Nelson – www.travelgallery.co.nz