If you want to bring a more holistic approach to your travel then volunteer tours are an excellent way to do this.
Put something back into the places you go to, give some time, some energy or some inspiration while you’re away from home. These volunteer trips are a great way to meet like-minded people or to support your favourite charity. Help protect the environment, improve a child’s life, assist a disadvantaged community or save an endangered habitat. No previous building experience is required.
- Building houses in Mexico – work with an aid agency on a 12 day trip building school rooms and houses in Tijuana, Mexico. Some trips are women-only, getting the girls to build a house for a single mother. There are also opportunities for other volunteering at local schools, orphanages and a drug rehabilitation centre. There is time during the trip for some R&R as well. Trip cost is $2500, excluding airfares, and includes road transfer from the US, accommodation, some meals and an $800 building contribution
- Orphanages in Uganda – join a 20 day trip to Uganda to work in orphanages and children’s homes. Provide health care, love and education to young children and babies in the poor areas of Kampala and Subi village. There are opportunities to join a wildlife safari, a fishing expedition or rafting on the Nile while you are there. Trip cost is $3600, excluding airfares, and includes accommodation, land transportation, most meals and a $1000 contribution for supplies at the Babies Home
- Build Homes in Cambodia – these 15 day tours to Cambodia help families with housing, education and the basics like a fresh water supply. You can also volunteer at a local school and there is a chance to visit Angkor Wat while you’re there. Trip costs $2800, excluding airfares, and includes accommodation, land transportation in Cambodia, some meals and a $1200 per person building contribution.
- Help at Summer Camp in Russia – in this 18 day trip work with Russian orphans near Moscow, helping to run a summer camp and do maintenance at a local orphanage. There are chances to visit Moscow and St Petersburg as well. Trip cost is $4000, excluding airfares, and includes accommodation, some meals, land transportation in Russia, translation and tour guide and a $700 contribution to Orphans Aid International
- Help in a Rural Community in Fiji – spend 9 days helping out in rural villages in Fiji and doing maintenance work at a Training School. Work with rural families. Trip cost is $1300, excluding airfares, and includes accommodation, land transportation in Fiji, some meals and a $250 aid contribution
- Work with Sea Turtles in Greece – join a two week trip to southern Greece to monitor turtle-egg laying and protect turtle nests from predation. Help provide information to visitors and and survey overnight turtle movements.
Call or email for information on any of these tours or fill in the form below for more details.